Hire sailing boat – Tips to keep in mind
09 Oct 2013
Social sailing is a sport which is slowly growing more and more popular among people all over the world. Many people are found taking part in the racing competition held in some clubs. These clubs also have special training courses on sailing and lot of members get enrolled for such courses every season. There are also plenty of sailing schools that are training candidates and preparing sailors. This explains why there is always such a high demand of sailboats, yachts and charters, both for purchasing and also for hiring. In many cities which have large beautiful ports like Sydney, social sailing is a very popular sport and thus we see a lot of people hiring sailing boats. There are plenty of boats for charter; for yachting sailing, yachts are given on rent. Even people who are not great sailors, like to polish their skill in sailing and sometimes opt for sailing boats for hire. There are many charter boat rentals which cater to these people.
Points to keep in mind before hiring
Few things need to be considered and kept in mind before hiring a particular sailboat as it is always better to take an informed decision. The points are as follows:-
- Every sailboat hire / charter boat hire company lists own a large number of charters, yachts and sailboats in their catalogue to choose from. All these boats and yachts can be grouped or classified into various categories on the basis of their size, features, comfort and cost. If you look at all these options together, you will be confused. So, at first you need to know what size of a boat or yacht you are looking for and with what features exactly. The required size of the boat will depend on the number of members you want to carry in your boat. After you make this decision, you will have a couple of choices infront of you and then you can select and finalize one from them that suits your budget and style.
- It is always better to take an expert with you. If you have a friend who is familiar with boats, it will be wise to take him along with you. There may be some hidden, crucial and expensive faults in the boat (like water leakage, fuel leaks, broken part and so on) which might go unnoticed if you go alone.
- Check all the provisions you will be provided with at the time of hiring
- Check if there is any discount going on elsewhere on hiring boats.
- Be sure about the duration of hiring and also clarify what happens if you are late to return because of some natural and unforeseen reason.
- Read the bond carefully before hiring. Note what you have to do in case some damage happens because of you.
These are some of the important things that one should remember before hiring a sailing boat. Otherwise it can lead to a wrong decision taken in haste. However, there are more factors to consider on the technical side too (like checking the material, wiring and so on).
Sailcorp Yacht Charters provides all kind of Yacht Charter services like Corporate Sailing Charters, Sail Boats Hire, Social Twilight Events and Moorings in and around Sydney. SailCorp on Sydney Harbour’s range of corporate sailing services are the perfect way to challenge and bond staff, colleagues and clients.
For more queries about our Sydney Sailing services call us at our Lavender Bay office at 02 9955 2537 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org & we’ll get back to you as soon as possible. Also visit our website http://www.sailcorp.com.au for more information. Thanks!
Superyacht Marketing Group provides complete online marketing solutions exclusively to the Yachting industry worldwide. Search Engine experts here integrate real time experiences to transform businesses online. With SEO, Social media marketing, Video productions & Graphic design, the group is now a leader in providing solutions for the Superyacht & Luxury Yachting industry worldwide. Launching soon the ‘Worldwide Yacht Charter Network’, SuperyachtSEO plans to bring yacht charters companies across 52 countries to join hands & mutually benefit each other offering enjoyable, exciting & safe yachting holidays.