Boat charter – Tips for first timers
14 Oct 2013
Sydney is worldwide known for its boat charters or yacht charters (Sydney boat charter). But this chartering system is not restricted to Sydney alone. It is happening in many places now quite extensively.
What is boat chartering?
Boat chartering is the practice of renting a sailboat and travelling to various places located in the coastal region and also some islands. It is mainly done for a vacation but sometimes a corporate event may require boat chartering.
With social sailing becoming a more and more popular sport among people, sailors who do not own boats and do not want to purchase a boat either, are preferring to opt for sailboat hire (charter boat hire) in order to fulfill their desire of yachting sailing. Some of them participate in the sailing races, held by some clubs who organize some sailing courses too while others like to travel around with these charter boats on hire. Those who are not very good sailors yet, want to polish their skill and hire boats for that purpose.
As a first timer, here are some of the tips that you may follow that will help you make a good boat chartering decision:-
- At first, fix a budget. If your purpose of opting for a boat charter is to go on a holiday, then compared to the cost of other types of vacation, chartering is both reasonably affordable and a more attractive option. There are many companies which will have charter boats that match your budget. Choose from them.
- Select when to set out and go where. Always have a set destination in mind before you begin searching for sailboat hire. Try to analyze the sailing abilities of the boats with the requirements of the journey (for example, check if the sailing abilities will be suitable for the weather of the place of travel).
- See whether you are qualified enough to make the particular journey. If you are already a boat owner and a sailor with prior sailing experience on coastal regions, then it is a lot easier for you to sail in most sailing areas.
- Check for the safety issues and see if all provisions are there in case of any emergency.
- Be sure about the size and features you are looking for. Otherwise you will end up hiring a sailboat which is different from what you actually need.
- It is advisable to take an expert with you for consultation before hiring. There may be many hidden faults in the boat which might not come to your notice otherwise.
- Read the bond document carefully before signing it. Confirm the duration of hiring and what happens if you return the boat late in case of an emergency.
These are some of the many tips which will help a first timer arrive at a right decision of hiring a sailboat. Needless to say that there are more points to remember but these are more or less the primary ones which will save a sailor from repenting over an unwise hiring decision.
SailCorp on Sydney Harbour provides all kind of Yacht Charter services like Corporate Sailing Charters, Sail Boats Hire, Social Twilight Events and Moorings in and around Sydney. SailCorp on Sydney Harbour’s range of corporate sailing services are the perfect way to challenge and bond staff, colleagues and clients.
For more queries about our Sydney Sailing services call us at our Lavender Bay office at 02 9955 2537 or email us at email@example.com & we’ll get back to you as soon as possible. Also visit our website http://www.sailcorp.com.au for more information. Thanks!
Superyacht Marketing Group provides complete online marketing solutions exclusively to the Yachting industry worldwide. Search Engine experts here integrate real time experiences to transform businesses online. With SEO, Social media marketing, Video productions & Graphic design, the group is now a leader in providing solutions for the Superyacht & Luxury Yachting industry worldwide. Launching soon the ‘Worldwide Yacht Charter Network’, SuperyachtSEO plans to bring yacht charters companies across 52 countries to join hands & mutually benefit each other offering enjoyable, exciting & safe yachting holidays.